Monday, September 6, 2010

Savoring These Moments...

I haven't updated in a while. My husband, my son, and I have been spending precious moments together. These past two weeks have been our block leave. We've been busy visiting family and then we were able to spend the last week together. These days, I'll hang onto until he's home. I'm going to miss him tremendously...but, in "not to exceed 365 days" I will see him again.

Obviously, I'm spending as much time with him as I can right now. After "D" day, I'll be updating every day and I hope you'll be reading. I'm expecting it to be quite the roller coaster ride.

Until "D" day happens, I leave you with a poem that I read on the internet tonight (author unknown).


She packs. She moves. She follows.
Why? What for? How come?
You may think she has lost her mind.
But actually,
she's lost her heart.
It was stolen from her by a man.
A man who puts duty first,
who longs to deploy,
who salutes the flag,
and whose boots in the doorway remind her that
as long as he is her Military Husband,
she will remain his Military Wife.
 
I love you, Adam. You're my heart, my hero, my Superman! 

No comments:

Post a Comment