Saturday, August 14, 2010

To Put it All Into Perspective...

I read a blog post today...from a nurse. It was very touching and it put a lot of things into perspective for me. She wrote,
"I was talking with one of my patients today and found out a bit of his life story. 

He was a pilot in the Army Air Corps during WWII. He was married (married his wife in 1942 shortly before he deployed). He was shot down in Germany and spent 2 years in a work camp.

And you know what? He talks about how lucky he was.


It just puts it into perspective when we sit here and complain because we haven't talked to our husbands today. He spent 2 years in a German work camp as a POW. 2 years that his wife didn't hear from him or even know if he was alive. And he calls that lucky."

Again I go with a saying that a very wise person told me "If you threw all of your problems into a pile with everyone else's problems...you'd grab yours back in a hurry". 

Be thankful for what you have and who you have! I know I am...



No comments:

Post a Comment