Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Student Again!

Well, school starts in ONE week and FOUR days! I'm ridiculously excited that I'm going to be a student again. When Adam joined the Army it was agreed upon that I'd go back to school to finish my Criminal Justice degree and to enroll into the nursing program once there was a spot available (I'm already 40 credits toward my CJ degree, so I may as well finish that degree while I am waiting to get into nursing). God has a plan for everything. I'm convinced that the timing was perfect (obviously...it's God's plan and timing is always perfect). With DH deploying on such short notice, school will help make the next 365 days go by very fast (or at least I'm praying...). 

To be honest...I know I want my Criminal Justice degree so I have something to fall back on in case I cannot get into the nursing program right away. But my real ambition is to get my nursing degree and to work in Labor and Delivery. How awesome it will be to help bring tiny precious babies into the world. I'd also like to work in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) as a nurse. It's going to take a while to get into the nursing program here at JCC (Jefferson Community College). Fall of 2012 is the estimated semester that I'll be able to get in. So, while I'm waiting a year to do that...maybe I can get a job with my Criminal Justice degree.

While I find Criminal Justice very VERY interesting, the reason I won't be taking Criminal Justice any further (other than to get a job in a court house or something along those lines) is because I'm not willing to leave my young son for long enough to attend the police academy. I give so many kudos to my husband for being able to go training for 5 months just so that he can provide for his family. We Love You, Adam! Also, once he's out of the Army, he'll be going to a police academy which will require him to be gone for about 3 months. He's so strong...I'm so SO proud of him! He can go to his training and "do his duty" in the sandbox because he knows that his baby is in safe/protective/caring/loving arms. 

I will always be a loving, caring, supportive wife and mother. I LOVE my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment