Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rule #1...

I was beyond excited when we got stationed here at Fort Drum, NY. Close to family and friends, perfect climate for me...but most of all, I was THRILLED with the unit Adam got put into. They just returned from deployment so that meant no deployment for a little while and we met some awesome people. 

Soon, I found out "Rule #1". Never rely on the Army...
Adam was "voluntold" that he'd be joining a new unit and they are headed for Afghanistan. He found out on my birthday, July 26th. He'll be leaving very, very soon for his 1st tour overseas and my first "tour at home". 

So many emotions I have right now. So many wishes I have. But not one regret. I'm proud of my husband and what he's doing. He's going to do his duty and then he's going to come home to us...and that's that. Am I nervous? Am I scared? Do I wish he didn't have to go? yes, Yes, and YES! But I don't hold it against him. He's fighting to make me and our son safer in this country.
I love you, Adam. You're going to do wonderful. You're not even gone yet and I can't wait for you to come back home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really proud of you, Amanda! You've really come a very long way in such a very short time!

    There will be a number of moments during the next year when you might start questioning the resolve you have right now, and I can only hope that you'll look back on this post and remember. Remember all of the emotions you were feeling when you wrote this and remember that the deployment won't last forever!

    ReplyDelete